Beginner's Hand Building Course
If you are looking to learn making pots without a wheel, from the comfort of your home, then you are at the right place. BTW thats exactly how I learnt pottery 2 years ago! :)
Here's an extensive online resource with detailed videos explaining all that you need to know to start this beautiful clay journey.
You’ll learn about clay, tools, techniques, glazing & firing. I’ll also share some tips & tricks that I use for success in hand building. You will learn to build some basic forms like plates, bowls & mugs along with the templates.
By the end of the course, you would not only have made your own plates, bowls & mugs but would have also learnt some amazing techniques which will help you make much more complex shapes & forms.
Lesson 1 - All about clay
- Introduction to different types of clays- Clay temperatures, colors, textures
- Best clays for hand-building
Lesson 2 - All about tools
- Basic tool kit required for hand-building
- Advance tool options & texture tools
- Best places to buy these tools
Lesson 3 - Brief introduction to Hand-building techniques
Lesson 4 - Slab building in detail
- Key tips & tricks for successful hand-building
- How to roll a slab
- How to prep the clay for hand-building
- Making basic forms along with templates- Plates, Bowls & Mugs
Lesson 5 - Discussion on firing
- Brief discussion on kilns & what kilns to use
- Bisque Temperatures- some important tips & tricks
Lesson 6 - Glazing & glaze firing
- Galzing basics
- Glazing for texture
- Some key points to note while glaze firing
Lesson 7 - Conclusion
- Finishing your pots
- Recycling clay
- Wedging recycled clay
The lessons will Include supply list along with recommendations on products, brands and where to buy them.